Foundation, Crawl Space and Basement Waterproofing
Ohio State Waterproofing is the areas premier basement waterproofing, crawl space waterproofing and foundation repair company. In an area with so many historic homes, it is a good idea to have your home inspected and if needed waterproofed by a professional. Ohio State Waterproofing provides services in and around the metro area, as well as Mentor. Contact Ohio State Waterproofing for a FREE consultation. Ohio State Waterproofing has provided quality service with over 80,000 successful waterproofing and foundation repair installations and satisfied customers since our inception in 1978. Ohio State Waterproofing’s philosophy for success is to provide honest, courteous and guaranteed service to every customer. Our reputation reflects this. Our well-trained waterproofing technicians are dedicated to complete customer satisfaction. This is achieved through fast, efficient processes as well as teamwork throughout this organization. You will always find a friendly representative willing to meet your needs at Ohio State Waterproofing. We are a full-service company that handles problems ranging from patching cracks to rebuilding basements. In addition, we hold three patents related to waterproofing that makes us unique in the industry. These patents and our experience allow us to be able to do what every other waterproofer can do, but no one else can do what we do.
Facts About Parma
Parma is situated southwest of Cleveland, and comprises 19.7 sq. mi., bounded by Cleveland and Brooklyn on the north, Brooklyn Hts. and Seven Hills on the east, North Royalation and Broadview Hts. on the south, and Brook Park, Middleburg Hts., and Parma Hts. on the west. In 2010 Parma was the seventh largest city in the state of Ohio and the second largest city in Cuyahoga County after Cleveland. The tract that eventually become Parma and Parma Heights was surveyed in 1806 by Abraham Tappan of the Connecticut Land Company. The area’s first white settlers were the Benajah Fay family from New York State, who settled along the Cleveland-Columbus Rd. (now Pearl Rd.) in 1816. Designated Parma Twp. in 1826 the region soon became known as “Greenbriar” (also spelled “Greenbrier”), which referred to a weedy shrub common in the vicinity. “Parma” likely came from an identically named town in New York. During the 19th Century Parma residents worked mostly in Agriculture; a clock shop owned by Dudley and William Humphrey was the sole manufacturing operation. In 1911, following a dispute over Sunday alcohol sales, a portion of the township seceded to form the village of Parma Hts. On 15 Dec. 1924, Parma was incorporated as a village and in 1926 it adopted a mayor-council form of government. On 1 Jan. 1931, after a proposition to annex it to Cleveland was defeated, Parma became a city. At that time, it had a population of about 14,000. Consistent with a massive nationwide movement to the suburbs Parma’s population soared in the years following WWII. Between 1950 and 1960, the number of residents rose from 28,897 to 82,845, peaking at around 100,000 in 1970. Many new residents had moved from traditional ethnic neighborhoods in Cleveland including Tremont and Slavic Village and provisions of the GI Bill assisted in their ability to purchase new homes in the suburb. Parmatown Mall and Parma Community General Hospital opened during this period. Growth of Industry in the area paralleled the population increase, with corporations such as General Motors, Modern Tool & Die, the Union Carbide Research Center, and Cox Cable Television taking up residence.
The 1980s and 1990s were hard on Parma in other ways. Layoffs at local manufacturers increased, school levies were defeated and a growing number of residents moved to exurban locations farther south and west. Between 1970 and 2000, the suburb’s population declined by roughly 15% to 85,655. In 2017 Parma’s population was 79,167. At that time, Parma’s median household income was $52,446, almost identical to that of Ohio as a whole. As of the 2010 United States Census, there were 81,601 people, 34,489 households, and 21,646 families residing in the city. The population density was 4,076.0 inhabitants per square mile (1,573.8/km2). There were 36,608 housing units at an average density of 1,828.6 per square mile (706.0/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 93.0% White, 2.3% African American, 0.2% Native American, 1.9% Asian, 1.0% from other races, and 1.6% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.6% of the population. According to the 2010 Census., 22.5% were of German ancestry, 17.6% Polish, 14.8% Italian, 13.8% Irish, 7.4% Slovak, 6.7% English, 5.3% Ukrainian, 2.6% French, 2.2% Serbian, 1.9% Czech, 1.4% Arab, and 1.2% of Croatian, Lithuanian, or Russian ancestries. In regard to languages spoken, 87.03% spoke English, 2.26% Ukrainian, 1.68% Polish, 1.27% Spanish, 1.24% German, and 1.18% Italian as their first language. There were 34,489 households of which 27.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 45.7% were married couples living together, 12.4% had a female householder with no husband present, 4.6% had a male householder with no wife present, and 37.2% were non-families. 31.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.34 and the average family size was 2.95. The median age in the city was 41.5 years. 20.4% of residents were under the age of 18; 8.5% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 25.7% were from 25 to 44; 27.7% were from 45 to 64; and 17.7% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 48.1% male and 51.9% female. The median income for a household in the city is $50,198, the median income for a family is $60,696 and the mean income for a family is $68,828. The per capita income for the city is $25,064. The poverty rate in the city is 10.2%. This is low in comparison to other large Ohio cities as well as the state’s individual poverty rate of 15.4%.
Call Now For Free Consultation!
WHERE TO FIND US:
365 Highland Road Macedonia, OH 44056