Foundation, Crawl Space and Basement Waterproofing
Ohio State Waterproofing is the areas premier basement waterproofing, basement ventilation, crawl space waterproofing and foundation repair company. In an area with so many historic homes, it is a good idea to have your home inspected and if needed waterproofed by a professional. Ohio State Waterproofing provides services in and around the metro area, as well as Mentor. Contact Ohio State Waterproofing for a FREE consultation for your Wet Basements. Ohio State Waterproofing has provided quality service with over 80,000 successful waterproofing and foundation repair installations and satisfied customers since our inception in 1978. Ohio State Waterproofing’s philosophy for success is to provide honest, courteous and guaranteed service to every customer. Our reputation reflects this. Our well-trained waterproofing technicians are dedicated to complete customer satisfaction. This is achieved through fast, efficient processes as well as teamwork throughout this organization. You will always find a friendly representative willing to meet your needs at Ohio State Waterproofing. We are a full-service company that handles problems ranging from patching cracks to rebuilding basements. In addition, we hold three patents related to waterproofing that makes us unique in the industry. These patents and our experience allow us to be able to do what every other waterproofer can do, but no one else can do what we do.
Facts About Lorain, OH
Lorain is located in the former Western Reserve and was occupied by Native Americans until the consummation of the Treaty of Fort Industry in 1805. The treaty, between the U.S. government and the Wyandot, Ottawa, Chippewa, Munsee, Delaware, Shawnee, and, Pottawattamie, seceded the land west of the Cuyahoga River to the Connecticut Western Reserve. In notes from surveyor Abraham Tappan, land west of the Cuyahoga River was entirely void of permanent settlement from any people, meaning that all aboriginal people evacuated all 3,336,000 acres of land by the time Tappan arrived near the Black River in 1807. The first permanent settlement in present-day Lorain was founded in 1807 by Azariah Beebe and established as a trading post for trading goods with Native Americans. James Reid, one of the original settlers of Black River township, built a large house near the bluffs overlooking the Black River in 1812 to be used as a dwelling and tavern. In the following years, a post office for “Mouth of Black River,” which also held the office for the Justice of the Peace.
The Black River provided several advantages for the early settlement and allowed for it to be a more desirable location to build. The Black had the first navigable waters west of the Cuyahoga River and offered a slight embayment along the cliffed shoreline that provide safety for the small sailing craft of the time. It was said that the Black River harbor was the best natural harbors among the Great Lakes. In addition to providing an area for immigrants to stop while on their way to the Firelands, the harbor provided space for ship building, with the first ship, General Huntington, being built in 1819.
1834-mouth of black river-lorain
1834 Plat Map for the village of “Mouth of Black River”, from Durand survey. (click for more info).
The people of what would one day become Lorain incorporated the village of Charleston in 1834 and a town site was surveyed by Edward Durand containing 7 city blocks. The original plat for the village included a public square, now named Veterans Memorial Park, and an early street grid, which was the area of town bound by First Street to the north, Broadway Avenue to the east, Fourth Street to the south, and Oberlin Avenue to the west. Lots were sold in the town and in 1836 the village of Charleston was granted a charter by the Ohio Legislature.
Lorain, part of the Cleveland–Elyria–Mentor metropolitan area, is located at 41°26′54″N 82°10′8″W / 41.44833°N 82.16889°W (41.448241, -82.168862).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 24.14 square miles (62.52 km2), of which 23.67 square miles (61.31 km2) is land and 0.47 square miles (1.22 km2) is water.
The Charles Berry Bridge is located in Lorain, and is the second-largest bascule bridge in the world.
Over 70 different nationalities live in the Lorain area, hence the nickname “The International City.” One of the highlights of the summer season is the Lorain International Festival. Many were originally attracted by work in the steel mills and ship yards. Lorain is sometimes referred to as Steel City because of its well-known steel mill. Downtown Lorain was devastated by a tornado in 1924 and as part of an initiative to rebuild the downtown several historic buildings were constructed, including the Lorain Palace Theatre which opened in 1928 and continues to operate today.
Lorain is notable for its deindustrialized economy, formerly being home to the American Ship Building Company Lorain Yard, Ford Motor Company Lorain Assembly Plant, and United States Steel Corporation’s steel mill on the City’s south side. The city faces many similar issues to other Rust Belt cities, including population decline and urban decay. Poverty in the city is above the national average at 26.2%, lower than Cleveland’s 36% but higher than neighboring Elyria’s 22.2%.
WHERE TO FIND US:
OHIO STATE WATERPROOFING
365 Highland Road
Macedonia, OH 44056