Foundation, Crawl Space and Basement Waterproofing
Ohio State Waterproofing is the areas premier basement waterproofing, crawl space waterproofing and foundation repair company. In an area with so many historic homes, it is a good idea to have your home inspected and if needed waterproofed by a professional. Ohio State Waterproofing provides services in and around the metro area, as well as Mentor. Contact Ohio State Waterproofing for a FREE consultation. Ohio State Waterproofing has provided quality service with over 80,000 successful waterproofing and foundation repair installations and satisfied customers since our inception in 1978. Ohio State Waterproofing’s philosophy for success is to provide honest, courteous and guaranteed service to every customer. Our reputation reflects this. Our well-trained waterproofing technicians are dedicated to complete customer satisfaction. This is achieved through fast, efficient processes as well as teamwork throughout this organization. You will always find a friendly representative willing to meet your needs at Ohio State Waterproofing. We are a full-service company that handles problems ranging from patching cracks to rebuilding basements. In addition, we hold three patents related to waterproofing that makes us unique in the industry. These patents and our experience allow us to be able to do what every other waterproofer can do, but no one else can do what we do.
Facts About Mentor
The Mentor Lagoons had its origins as part of the Mentor Marsh more than 1,000 years ago. The largest remaining marsh in Lake County, Mentor Marsh is located in what was once the channel of the Grand River. At one point in time, there existed a large estuary where the Grand River flowed into Lake Erie. It is believed that the Grand River’s course changed to a more direct flow rather than flowing northwestwardly to the lake. Without the cleaning action of the river’s flow, the abandoned channel evolved into the marsh. At the eastern end of the marsh is Headlands Beach State Park. This park includes a state nature preserve, the Shipman Wildlife Pond, and parking facilities sufficient enough to handle large numbers of visitors.
The residential section between Lake Erie and the Mentor Marsh is known as the Headlands community; a large residential area, which includes a fire station, two elementary schools, and a small retail center. The western end of the Marsh flows directly into the Mentor Lagoons. The history of plans to develop the marsh area date to the latter part of the nineteenth century. In the 1870’s a plan was developed to dredge the marsh channel and build an inland dock to hold grain shipped in at a cheaper rate than the railroads were charging to haul it. This plan was made null and void by the enactment of the Granger Laws in 1874, which established maximum rates that the railroads could charge for freight. In 1900, a plan was formulated to develop the marsh into a port for coal and iron ore shipping. Rapid changes in the steel industry and one landowner’s refusal to sell his property stopped this project and instead forced U.S. Steel to develop in Lorain, Ohio, located west of Cleveland.
The recreational use of property located adjacent to Lake Erie had been popular since the 1870’s as evidenced by the development of several beach clubs in the Mentor area. Speculative land development beginning in the 1920’s reflected this recreational perspective and resulted in the layout of the Headlands community. The small parcel lots, most of them approximately 50 feet wide by 150 feet deep, were later more fully developed with relatively small homes in the postwar building boom of the later forties and early fifties. In 1924, a group of relatively well to do Clevelanders spent over one million dollars to develop the Lagoons area into a “Venice of the North”. The current system of Lagoons were constructed and a subdivision containing elaborate homes, a small boating port, and an access road to the Lagoons were proposed. A bridge was partially constructed at Mentor Harbor Boulevard, but the accompanying road connection was never built. The development project was ended by the 1929 stock market crash. The bridge has since become known to locals as “the bridge to nowhere”.
As of the census of 2010, in Mentor there were 47,159 people, 19,166 households, and 13,339 families residing in the city. The population density of Mentor was 1,769.6 inhabitants per square mile (683.2/km2). There were 20,218 housing units at an average density of 758.6 per square mile (292.9/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 96.3% White, 1.0% African American, 0.1% Native American, 1.4% Asian, 0.3% from other races, and 1.0% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.3% of the population. There were 19,166 households of which 28.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 56.4% were married couples living together, 9.4% had a female householder with no husband present, 3.8% had a male householder with no wife present, and 30.4% were non-families. 25.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.44 and the average family size was 2.94. The median age in the city was 44.8 years. 21.2% of residents were under the age of 18; 6.9% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 22.3% were from 25 to 44; 33.2% were from 45 to 64; and 16.5% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 48.4% male and 51.6% female.
Call Now For Free Consultation!
WHERE TO FIND US:
365 Highland Road Macedonia, OH 44056