Key Points You Need to Know About Mold Prevention Youngstown, OH
Mold can cause notable property damage in your home and lead to various health problems including allergies, skin irritation, and respiratory conditions. A mold prevention contractor can help you identify and get rid of mold quickly and safely.
When It Is Necessary to Call a Mold Prevention Company
It is necessary to call a mold prevention company as soon as you suspect that your house, basement, or any other room has been infested by mold. It is important to note that some of the mold may be found in hidden places, so you may not be able to see it. It is necessary to call a mold prevention company if:
- You notice that your basement or any other room is damp. Mold thrives in damp or highly humid conditions
- You can spot mold. Mold can be seen as patches of brown, black, grey or white growths on different types of surfaces such as timber, doors, wooden tiles, ceilings and drywalls.
- Following an event of flooding: Flooding in a basement or other rooms within your home can cause mold to grow very fast. Generally, mold grows within 24 to 48 hours when it gets the right conditions such as a moist or humid environment. After a flooding event, the floor and walls of your basement are likely to stay damp for one or more days. The damp conditions make it easy for mold to grow quickly.
- When purchasing a new home: When buying a new home, you may not be too sure that the building doesn’t have mold. Since mold may be hidden in areas such as the bathroom, below the sink and on ceilings, it is important to inspect any new home that you are planning to buy.
- If the house has stayed unoccupied over some time: Unoccupied houses are likely to develop some mold because they often stay closed. Mold can grow in such buildings due to damp conditions as a result of poor ventilation.
- Following mold remediation: Mold remediation involves removing mold as well as cleaning and disinfecting areas that are mold-contaminated, such as basements and stores.
How a Professional Mold Prevention Company Will Help You
- Finding mold: Mold prevention contractors find mold by doing an inspection of the areas where mold is suspected to be. The key areas to focus on include damp basements, areas that have evidence of water penetrating the foundation, and rooms that generally have high humidity and poor ventilation.
- Removing the mold: Removing mold is a complex exercise because mold spores can easily spread from one room to another during the removal process. It is important to remove mold as soon as possible to stop further spreading.
Why You Should Work With a Professional Mold Prevention Company
A professional mold prevention contractor has the necessary technology and materials to safely get rid of mold. Therefore, when searching for a mold prevention company, you need to go for a company that has the expertise that is required for mold prevention.
Contact the Professionals at Ohio State Waterproofing today! 330-467-1055