Key Points You Need to Know About Mold Prevention Youngstown, OH
Mold can cause notable property damage in your home and lead to various health problems including allergies, skin irritation, and respiratory conditions. A mold prevention contractor can help you identify and get rid of mold quickly and safely.
When It Is Necessary to Call a Mold Prevention Company
It is necessary to call a mold prevention company as soon as you suspect that your house, basement, or any other room has been infested by mold. It is important to note that some of the mold may be found in hidden places, so you may not be able to see it. It is necessary to call a mold prevention company if:
- You notice that your basement or any other room is damp. Mold thrives in damp or highly humid conditions
- You can spot mold. Mold can be seen as patches of brown, black, grey or white growths on different types of surfaces such as timber, doors, wooden tiles, ceilings and drywalls.
- Following an event of flooding: Flooding in a basement or other rooms within your home can cause mold to grow very fast. Generally, mold grows within 24 to 48 hours when it gets the right conditions such as a moist or humid environment. After a flooding event, the floor and walls of your basement are likely to stay damp for one or more days. The damp conditions make it easy for mold to grow quickly.
- When purchasing a new home: When buying a new home, you may not be too sure that the building doesn’t have mold. Since mold may be hidden in areas such as the bathroom, below the sink and on ceilings, it is important to inspect any new home that you are planning to buy.
- If the house has stayed unoccupied over some time: Unoccupied houses are likely to develop some mold because they often stay closed. Mold can grow in such buildings due to damp conditions as a result of poor ventilation.
- Following mold remediation: Mold remediation involves removing mold as well as cleaning and disinfecting areas that are mold-contaminated, such as basements and stores.
How a Professional Mold Prevention Company Will Help You
- Finding mold: Mold prevention contractors find mold by doing an inspection of the areas where mold is suspected to be. The key areas to focus on include damp basements, areas that have evidence of water penetrating the foundation, and rooms that generally have high humidity and poor ventilation.
- Removing the mold: Removing mold is a complex exercise because mold spores can easily spread from one room to another during the removal process. It is important to remove mold as soon as possible to stop further spreading.
Why You Should Work With a Professional Mold Prevention Company
A professional mold prevention contractor has the necessary technology and materials to safely get rid of mold. Therefore, when searching for a mold prevention company, you need to go for a company that has the expertise that is required for mold prevention.
Contact the Professionals at Ohio State Waterproofing today! 330-467-1055
Ohio State Waterproofing has provided quality service with over 80,000 successful waterproofing and foundation repair installations and satisfied customers since our inception in 1978.
Ohio State Waterproofing’s philosophy for success is to provide honest, courteous and guaranteed service to every customer. Our reputation reflects this. Our well-trained waterproofing technicians are dedicated to complete customer satisfaction. This is achieved through fast, efficient processes as well as teamwork throughout this organization. You will always find a friendly representative willing to meet your needs at Ohio State Waterproofing.
We are a full service company that handles problems ranging from patching cracks to rebuilding basements. In addition, we hold three patents related to waterproofing that make us unique in the industry. These patents and our experience allow us to be able to do what every other waterproofer can do, but no one else can do what we do.
We are actively involved in the industry and community, including the National Association of Waterproofing Contractors, BHA, NARI, NAHB, NHIA, the BIA, the FHA and a number of consumer advocacy groups, as well as playing leading roles in a number of charitable functions.
But, most importantly, our highest degree of praise comes from the thousands of referrals we get from satisfied customers. Together they’ve made us a leader in the basement waterproofing and foundation repair industry.